5/6/2019 - 10:10
Ridzal Saat, Rugby Services Manager (Asia) for World Rugby made a Union Visit to the Iran Rugby Association from the 2nd to the 5th of May.
Friday 3 May
Ridzal attended the final few matches of the 6th Annual National Beach Rugby Championship which featured 9 participating Menâ€™s Team.
The final game of the Championship was televised live over a Cable TV Channel and there were also other Media Present including the State National Television which reported on the event.
Both Dr Hassan and Ridzal was interviewed during the Beach Rugby Championship.
Saturday 4 May
Dr Hassan, then arranged meeting with Iran National Olympic Council on Saturday Morning, 4th of May.
The meeting was attended by
Mr Shahrok Shahnazi, the Secretary General of the NOC of Iran;
Mr Gholam Ali Mohamad Alipour, the President of Sports Associations of Islamic Republic of Iran and Member of I.R. Iran NOC
A few key areas were discussed.
1. Iran Rugby Associationâ€™s proposed application to be a Full Member of World Rugby
2. The NOCâ€™s support for the development of the game, including possibly allocating applications for Olympic Solidarity Funding
3. Mr Shahnazi said that Iran Rugby Association is one of the more proactive sports association in terms of developing the game of rugby in schools.
4. Mr Shahnazi also said that the I.R. Iran NOC will provide increased levels of support for the Iran Rugby Association once they become a full member of World Rugby
5. Ridzal mentioned that both World Rugby and Asia Rugby recognition of IRAâ€™s efforts to grow the game in the country.
6. Iranâ€™s National Teams have been successful in recent competitions in West Asia for both Menâ€™s and Womenâ€™s and two delegates are due to attend a T & E Course in Malaysia in June.
7. Ridzal said that it was unfortunate that Iran did not take part in the 2018 Asian Games as well as the recent Asia Rugby Competition in Qatar due to financial challenges.
8. Ridzal also shared with Mr Shahnazi and Mr Ali that Iran is one of 15 countries to be selected as part of World Rugbyâ€™s Global Marketing Campaign for Womenâ€™s Rugby.
9. This campaign will be launched in May and Nahid will be one of the 15 Female Players from around the world that have been selected for this campaign.
Ridzal then attended a Womenâ€™s Club Rugby Training Programme on Saturday evening and watch a Womenâ€™s 7s match between players from the clubs
Sunday 5 May
Ridzal met with the Iran Rugbyâ€™s Association Staff and Members of the Main Committee as well as Members of the Different Committees to discuss the Associationâ€™s plans moving forward as well as the challenges the Union is facing, with the sanctions that the country is facing.